|Polishing specialists perform a role that consists of a variety of tasks that are vital to the mold making process. It requires highly skilled hands on capability and excellent planning/communication skills to ensure that the many components going through the polishing process come together in the designated timeline so that the customer due date is hit. An extensive overall knowledge of plastic injection molds and blueprint reading to recognize the importance of dimensional accuracies, seal-offs and finishes are required for this area. The Polishing Specialist has a role to do what it takes to get the most productivity without jeopardizing quality. Polishing specialists must have the knowledge of measuring equipment such as indicators, comparators, toolmaker scopes, micrometers and sine plates. Polishing specialists must have the ability to follow instructions and communicate between other team members to ensure top quality is met.
|· Perform hands on polishing to achieve top quality in a timely manner. Use blueprints, CAD files, written, and verbal work instructions while operating the equipment in a safe manner at the skill levels required in achieving required dimensional accuracy and productivity.
· Actively monitor the quality of components throughout the process. Verifying the quality of all components being manufactured through the polishing process is a significant part of your job responsibility.
· Take personal ownership of all components being processed through the department to ensure the mold delivery.
· Communicate with department group leader any concerns or issues that may jeopardize quality or completion date of mold.
· Communicate with department group leader any issues that could affect safety or function of equipment.
· Review blueprints to get a full understanding of the requirements of the component being processed.
· Take initiative to learn the critical dimensions, seal-offs, mold finishes and other features that may require special attention to achieve the proper finish.
· Interface with CNC machining, designers, programmers, polishers, mold makers, and other personnel to assist in the routing, planning, work instructions, problem solving, and expediting of mold components on assigned jobs.
· Be aware of the status of the incoming components that will be going through the polishing process so that the delivery timeline is met. Prepare the next component while the current component is in process.
|· Have the knowledge and ability to work with all polishing equipment.
· Log into Epicor making sure to log into the correct job#, component and operation you are working on. When you complete an operation, mark the operation complete in Epicor.
· Wash up pieces and place on completed shelf unless another department has been inquiring about the pieces, then bring to other department asap.
|· Train, guide, and monitor others as requested by department group leader.
· Keep area and equipment clean and in excellent running condition.
· Participate in continuous improvements efforts to improve shop operations and mold making process.
· Other shop maintenance, repairs, and miscellaneous tasks as requested.
|Skills and Abilities:
|· Excellent hands on skills with polishing equipment and the ability to communicate effectively.
· Excellent measurement and analytical skills to accurately measure cores and cavities with many types of tools to tolerances as close as .00005”
· Excellent knowledge of molds design types including components such as cores, cavities, slides, stripper rings, inserts, etc.
· Blue Print reading capabilities.
· Basic computer skills
Click the apply button below to send an email and be sure to attach your résumé.